Bo Yang- LookingOutwards-01

I was play Electronic Organ when I was in undergraduate university in China. This instrument is very popular among children because it contains thousands of sounds in one instrument.

The first electronic organ made by an American named Thaddeus Cahill in 1904. Until now, YAMAHA is the biggest company producing this instrument.

Electronic Organ seems like a harpsichord, piano size but has a foot-keyboard. Electronic Organ is a modern electronic keyboard instrument which combines high technology. It originates from classical pipe organ and is similar to the structure of the classical pipe organ. But the electronic organ has its own musical form, which is just like a music synthesizer but need a performer to run the whole organ. It contains thousands of instruments inside one electronic organ and it can show symphony when performer plays it. Even I play this instrument for 8 years, I still do not know how does it run. All the information online is about teach how to play it but no one to show how can produce one.

From my experience, the electronic organ function just likes the music synthesizer but more than one. It can process thousands of instruments in one time.

However, the sound of this instrument is not very adjective sometimes. It’s like fake not true. It inspire me to learn more about computing music and what is computing music. I love my instrument and I wandering maybe I can do more about this project. Like, making this instrument become more productive or making the sounds more adjective. Then chamber music can just need one instrument not a lot of instruments.