Sewon Park – LO – 08

The artist that I have selected from the EYEO presentations is Meejin Yoon. As I have several friends that are enrolled in the architecture program, I have developed significant interest in the field of architecture. Yoon’s Korean descent led me to select and view the project, which was both aesthetically mesmerizing and technologically inspiring

Meejin Yoon is currently the dean of architecture at Cornell University and heads the Howeler + Yoon studio, completing architecture projects ranging from from memorials to olympic infrastructures. Yoon studies architecture and likes to incorporate modern technology in her work.

http://www.howeleryoon.com/work/49/circus-conservatory (Link to her studio website)

During her lecture, she gives an effective presentation of her work through discussing why the use of technology was important in her work. She uses reusable energy for the environment and interactive technology to engage the viewers. I admire that she not only uses technology for aesthetics but also for practical purposes.

Meejin Yoon’s lecture at EYEO 2015