Zee Salman-Looking Outwards-11

https://carolinesinders.com/work#/nudge/

Caroline Sinders is machine learner as well as user researcher. She has a variety interests ranging from politics, digital spaces, as well as convocational design. She has worked for IBM, Intel, Wikimedia Foundation, and more. Caroline has a variety of different media projects as well as research that she has done over the past few years. The one that really stood out to me was a project called Nudge Nudge.

I was very intrigued by its design in the beginning, then I followed upend read some more about the projects. It is a device worn like a watch that alarms when there is a reminder approaching. But to alarm the user, it doesn’t use anything but color to indicate the sense of time. This way it reminds users when a task is near or a reminder that needs attention soon. Its used was used in the study to show times in between a meeting for example. I think this is really awesome because it is definitely a unique way of showing and telling time. It is also a different way of reading an alarm that isn’t exactly direct.

Different stages of the alarm. (The bluer the watch face, the closer to the time it is.
Thes are interfaces used for the Nudge Project.