Aaron Lee – Project 12 – Proposal

For the final project, I would like to recreate Galaga, the legendary shooter arcade game developed by Namco. Galaga was literally the first video game that I played when I was a little boy. This project will be a nice way to commemorate my memories.

The narrative of the game is… the space fighter is sent on a mission to clear space debris created by mindless human race. The player of the game will navigate using arrow keys and spacebar to dodge and shoot space debris. The space debris will randomly move from the top of the canvas and downward. The HP bar will go down when hit by the debris. The score will accumulate when the player successfully shoots the debris. The game will end when you have no more health left.

In order to differentiate from the original game, I would like to add special feature, which is to introduce interactive camera in background of the game. Triggered by the brightness of the pixels, the speed of falling space debris will be buffered by the dark pixels. This means the location of the player displayed in the background will affect the success of the play.