anabelle’s blog 01

An interactive computational project I love is Genshin Impact, an open-world RPG game created with Unity Engine. I’ve never played a game before that is as immersive as this one. Not only does the player feel submerged in its universe because of its compelling storytelling, but the graphics, visual details, and small homages scattered all over the world give it life. Although some may disagree, I’d say Hoyoverse, its developing company, was inspired by Nintendo’s Breath of the Wild that features similar gameplay. One unique aspect about it is that it is an online game (although not necessarily MMORPG). This prevents players from accessing certain program files that may contain story leaks and still-developing content. I also cannot wrap my head around the fact that this massive (200GB), beautiful world is able to exist in the “cloud.” I’m not tech-savvy so I don’t know if this is better than not having online servers, but it has always impressed me nonetheless. To me, it gives the impression that future video games don’t have to be restricted by hardware and may one day exist entirely through software (I’m not a game developer… I don’t know if this sounds accurate at all).

Official Website: https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/home