LO: My Inspiration

The video game Valorant inspires me. Unlike other first-person shooting games, Valorant has artistic visual graphics instead of realistic graphics, beautiful maps inspired by cities around the world, as well as character and game lore. Even though it sounds like just another video game, I think that the amount of effort the creators put into the graphic artistry and backstories of elements in the game really helps the users connect with the content and characters. 

Valorant was developed by the company Riot Games, and designed by Trevor Romleski and Salvatore Garozzo. The game took 6 years to create and was officially launched in June 2020. Valorant is developed using Unreal Engine 4 but I am unsure if they used custom software and scripts. 

Valorant was inspired by other tactical shooter games such as Counter-Strike which is a game with very similar shooting/buying mechanics, and Overwatch with similar agent abilities. The art style is inspired by an illustrative visual design style which is a balance between realism and cel-shaded animation. 

In the growing world of gaming, Valorant has a future in competitive esports, as well as an introduction to stylistic video games. In the two years, it has been out, it has an increasing player base and multiple international tournaments. This game also plants a seed in the development of illustrative shooting games. 

Link