Hannah K-Looking Outwards-10

This week for my Looking Outwards, I looked at a project called Neurotiq by Sensoree. Sensoree began as a research endeavor focused on creating wearable technologies that augment Sensory Processing Disorder. Now, Sensoree Design Labs represents a cohort of designers and engineers that work with futuristic fabrics and materials.

Sensoree’s founder is Kristin Neidlinger, who is also a future concepts designer. I appreciated that this week’s Looking Outwards was directed at highlighting the amazing things that female creators are making.

Now, back to talking about Neurotiq. Neurotiq is a wearable piece of fashion that was knitted and 3D printed. It has EEG brain sensors that reflects the wearer’s thoughts and brain states, and it does so with colors. The EEG brain sensor captures brain waves. Neurotiq perfectly captures the bridge between science and art, as it is both beautiful and functional. Something that made me especially happy with this week’s Looking Outwards was that Sensoree had a process video for Neurotiq available, which is information that I have generally found difficult to obtain for past posts. The process video is below:

Here is a video of Neurotiq in action:

Neurotiq makes a visual representation of one's brain waves and thoughts possible.
Neurotiq makes a visual representation of one’s brain waves and thoughts possible.