Hannah K-Looking Outwards-08

This week, I looked at Amanda Cox‘s work. She works for the New York Times as a graphics editor, and as I am a big fan of the NYT, I decided to pick her as the individual whose work I would look at. She received a Master’s degree in statistics and ended up at the NYT when she decided to take an internship there while she was still in school.

I am drawn to her work because I think data visualization presents an interesting challenge but is relevant because there is so much information available to us in this day and age. I think the NYT consistently creates fun and interactive infographics, which I find fascinating. They are both informational and engaging, which I think can be a difficult balance to strike at times.

One of the things she worked on that I found particularly interesting was this infographic on Netflix rental patterns depending on location and neighborhood.

(Please click on the image below to access the infographic.)

This infographic provides information on Netflix rental patterns, neighborhood by neighborhood, in a dozen cities.