Danny Cho_Looking Outward 2 – Generative Art

I looked into the Fractal Forums for inspiration for Generative Art. Mathematical patterns always seemed so beautiful to me especially in bigger scales. The way they enable me to imagine myself in the patterns was mesmerizing.

Steel

How such complicated shapes are created from lines of command texts amazes me. If I try imagine a human working on this kind of project, by painting or other kind of laborious means, I wouldn’t admire the work, not the artist’s grit, but the work. I would probably not be able to empathize with the artist, and think, “Wow, that is amazing, but why does that matter or what’s the value of that art that is so static?’ But knowing that this is generated by computer and can be manipulated to different scales and shapes makes it so much more versatile than just a painting to me.

About the way it was created, as it is mentioned in the name of the forum, I believe it used the fractal number pattern to generate the patterns, how from a number, infinite related numbers branch out as long as the pattern continues. What is interesting here is that this art contains more than one repeating pattern. The quicker spiral and slower spiral, and another pattern on the edges of the spirals.

The artist’s username is “Caleidoscope” and the post was created on 2017.