Ankitha Vasudev – Looking Outwards – 09

A Looking Outwards assignment that I found interesting was Mari’s post on 3DQ, which is a digital agency based in Barcelona that specializes in Hospitality and Interior Design and Architecture Computer Generated Images (CGI). In her post, Mari focused on the project The Coworking 2040, which was made using Corona Renderer in 2017.

I found this project intriguing because of how realistic it looks and how efficient the process behind making it seemed. Usually, photo realism rendering is a very time-consuming process; however, 3DG is able to create detailed design, composition, lighting and texturing in a very creative and flexible way. I agree with Mari’s comments about the usefulness of creating a tool to visualize a space without actually creating it since it allows people to get a feel of the space without jeopardizing money or time.

As an architecture student, the work by this studio is inspirational because the designers know how to build realistic scenes fast with the right amount of detail versus geometry. Their workflow seems ideal because they have a good balance between technique and creativity.

Video showing the blending of layers