Emma NM-LO-12

Playful Geometries project is a user generated visual and sound project. Users can pick up a tablet and push, toggle, or slide buttons to produce different images and sounds on the screen. Visuals stem from geometric shapes and use bright colors. artifish is a project that encapsulates a digital aquarium. The working prototype serves to represent fish moving in a pond. Future versions aim to allow users to add to the digital aquarium with a variety of unique digital creatures and vegetation. In Playful Geometries, I really like the experience of giving the user the ability to create their own art using shapes. I have always been drawn to geometry when having to start with a blank canvas. In artifish, I really like the potential of adding unique digital creatures and vegetation. The visuals they have for the other creatures and vegetation look like they stem from geometry/math.

In artifish, I think their fish look more like tadpoles/sperm than fish, so I think they could improve upon their visuals. As for Playful Geometries, I think it would’ve been cool to have user input to create their own shapes (new geometry) and see it inputed into the visual.

Playful Geometries (2014)

By Davide Della Casa and Patrick Gaunt

Playful Geometries in action

artifish (2014) by Richard Rodkin

artifish prototype

Cool digital creatures and vegetation they want to implement in future versions.