Minjae Jeong-LookingOutwards11

While browsing through the provided list of women practitioners, I found Heather Kelley and her game “Superhypercube” very interesting. Superhypercube is a “first person puzzler” on PlaystationVR.

“To play, you control a group of cubes, rotating it to fit through a hole in a series of floating walls that are constantly moving toward you. Each time you fit through another wall without crashing, more cubes are added to your cluster. Head tracking is critical in the game – as your cluster of cubes gets bigger, you will need to lean around it to see the hole and quickly determine what rotations to make. Stay alive as long as possible, and add your high scores to the ranks of players around the world!”

Superhypercube trailer

What I find interesting about this game is that while I am still not familiar with VR games, this game is a seemingly simple educational puzzle game but playing it in VR actually makes it more fun, which is very important aspect in games.

Heather Kelley is a co-founder of Kokoromi, an experimental game collective, with whom she has produced and curated GAMMA event, promoting experimental games as a creative expression in a social context.