Fanjie Mike Jin-LookingOutwards-12

Takio no Tatsujin, Nintendo

Taiko no Tatsujin is a music-related game I found really inspiring for my final project. The main objective of Taiko no Tatsujin games is to hit a simulated Taiko drum following a chosen piece of music, corresponding to notes scrolling from the right. When the screen is scrolling, once the orange circle is landed at the dashed circle at the left side of the screen, if you hit it, at the perfect timing, you are going to get bonus and animation at the bottom is also going to change correspondently.  I really admire this project in that it has a really interesting graphic and depending on the different melody that you are playing, the background animation is also changing correspondently to the music.

neutrino oscillations simulation, Hirosi Ooguri

The scene showing the” rewinding” of the Universe is created using the latest scientific data and it is done by Hirosi Ooguri, a professor at Caltech. This image added some artist expression and its objective is to visualize neutrino oscillations. I really admire this project in that it is visualizing the universe really artistically. 

These two projects are really good precedents for me as I am envisioning my final project to be a music-related project, probably piano. When the user pressed certain buttons on the piano, the universe at the background will be changed accordingly based on the music and different music will yield different visualization of the universe.