JUZY

Philip Rideout : Self portrait of Vincent Van Gogh {2010} on website Alteredqualia

A project that really inspired or perhaps struck a chord with me was the self portrait of Vincent Van Gogh created by Philip Rideout. The aspects which I liked about it was its simple nature but overwhelming presence. The artworks used in the work are simple, however, the digital manipulation is something that adds to the fun of it. The way the effect is too similar to the immersive Van Gogh experience, thus it reminded me of that. I do not know exactly how this artwork is created, but I do know that its algorithmic nature is what makes it special, a simple two dimensional piece would not have done justice to this. But, I do know that it was made using Deepwarp. 

The creator has taken a simple approach towards a simple artwork, but his fine adjustments helped make it a fine artwork with commanding presence and a certain 3 dimensional quality. The warping quality sure adds to that. I really admire the way the artwork turns simple elements into complex art. 

https://alteredqualia.com/xg/examples/vincent.html