Looking Outwards 09: A Focus on Women and Non-binary Practitioners in Computational Art 

Andrea Crespo- Legion (2021)

I really admired the work of Andrea Crespo. Especially the Legions project. The artwork is a video based on school shootings in the US. The artwork can be disturbing to a few but I found it to be really interesting and an accurate representation of a tragic yet true reality. The artwork consists of a culmination of things such as basic sketches to single or two words that are really impactful,, it also has animated and blurred digital art which conveys the aftermath of the preamble before the shootings. In my opinion, the artwork is really impactful with all the presented elements. The artist herself is a US resident thus, her portrayal of this horrific issue is rather close to heart. Andrea was born in Miami, and has studied in Pratt institute, she currently lives in New York City. Andrea has been a part of numerous exhibitions, solo exhibitions and screenings and works with multiple mediums. She makes artworks on political and social issues which make her work very relatable and impactful for the general public.

Link