Originally, I wanted to create the circle areomorph from MIT media lab because of its ability to stand. However, it was much more difficult than I thought due to my inexperience with soldering and continuously poking poles by accident.

Below were my failed attempts, I believe that I did not make the middle wide enough and the inside patterns were not symmetrical to work.

I pivoted to creating a pattern that would get the stand up mechanism. By using triangles and squares to get it to stand.

Then, I wanted to explore the rolling mechanism. I found that it was difficult to get it in a rolled position without holding it.