Due: Thu Jan 20, class time
We would like everyone to review our existing list of works related to the course themes and choose a project to explore further. Our intention is that your report of your explorations will start us on the path toward developing new ideas for pneumatic kinetic textile projects.
Please choose one example of existing work from the Projects and Article Resource List which can provide insight into the development of a wearable kinetic pneumatic piece. Please locate additional information on the project or artist and consider the following questions:
- What feature of the work could we specifically evolve into a technique for wearable kinetic sculpture or costume?
- What details of the artist or concept are not immediately apparent and how do they inform the work?
- Are there closely related works?
Please post a brief report to the course site and be prepared to lead an in-class discussion. Please include the following in your post:
- one-sentence synopsis of the result
- one-sentence answers to the prompt questions above
- links to additional sources, if online
- images or an an embedded video, if available