Mar. 3, 2022, 12:20PM to 2:10PM
Welcome! Today we will look at your symbiotes and then create an improvised kinetic sculpture together as a class.
- (Spring Break.)
- (Start project, with interspersed topical workshops.)
- In class we will look at the Symbiotes you have made.
Improvised Kinetic Sculpture
- We will use most of class to create a collaborative kinetic sculpture – as if we were presenting it to an audience.
- What are the ingredients of an exhibition or performance?
- Here are some of the elements we can use for our improvised kinetic sculpture:
- Space: Studio A, A5, or A4
- Lights: LED spot lights
- Kinetics: parts and pieces from your previous works or from items created quickly in class.
- Timeline: How are we to experience this kinetic sculpture? Does it perform a defined set of actions that we need to see in sequence? Is it something we experience at anytime?
- You and your group will have 45 minutes to create your kinetic sculpture.
- We will discuss the process and outcome as a group, reflecting upon what we have experienced and learned.
No formal assignment over break. But please keep daydreaming about performance as you can.