This is a step by step tutorial for how to make your finished vest once you have a fitted muslin version to work from.
This cheat sheet has brief overview of each step referenced in the videos.
There are 9 videos in this playlist guiding you step-by-step for making your finished vest from your fitted muslin.
List of Videos:
- Cutting your fitted muslin apart
- Making a paper pattern of your front panel
- Making a paper pattern of your back panel
- Two videos on transferring your back pattern to canvas – watch the one that works for your pattern piece.
- 4A. Transferring a HALF back pattern to canvas
- 4B. Transferring a FULL back pattern to canvas
- Cutting front panel pieces from muslin + netting
- Cutting back panel pieces from muslin + netting
- Stitching the front panels netting and canvas together + sewing the darts
- Stitching the back panel netting and canvas together + sewing the darts
- Finishing your vest by stitching the back and front panels together