spingbing-TilingPattern

• In my hatching offering I ended up creating a pattern that more resembled a tile than it did a hatching method (seen below in the second row). I really enjoyed how it looked, however, so I decided I wanted to build off of that circular pattern for this assignment.
  • I was also quite obviously very inspired by Madeline Gannon’s circular truchet pattern . I really loved how organic the repeated arcs looked against each other and how it reminded me of how clouds are sometimes drawn in Korean traditional art, especially in the image of the unfinished plotter drawing. I decided that I wanted to try and recreate it to see if my pattern, in the midst of plotting, would turn out like hers did. I started with two tiles and was finished pretty quickly, but it looked very gridlike still.  I decided to add a third to try and remove the grid quality, and I am pretty satisfied with how it turned out.
  • These are some doodles I draw sometimes when I’m bored or trying to stay awake, and also serve as loose ideas or sketches for my piece. The crowded circle bunch is most similar to my pattern, and the clouds are what I drew after seeing Madeline Gannon’s unfinished plot.

• My work in progress plot that I like more than the final plot:

• My final plot: