This assignment brings together all of the learning we have done semester and applies it to one culminating garment. It has many phases, during which you will design or pick out, analyze, pattern, and sew one garment. You will receive feedback throughout each step of the process.
- Design or Find one garment that you would like to create by the end of the semester.
- Use your sloper pattern to create a general pattern of your garment.
- Then pattern any finishings, such as collars, pockets, waistbands, cuffs, etc.
- Cut and sew your full garment.
- Do any minor adjustments for fit.
- Pattern Cutting: Architecture of Fashion by Pat Parish
- All books digitized for this class – Including the Pattern Magic books
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Men’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
|Process||Due Date||Est. Time|
|Draw & Sketch Ideas/ Find Garment||4/7||2-4 hours|
|Pattern Garment||4/19||4-6 hours|
|Purchase Fabric||4/26||3-4 hours|
|Cut, Sew, & Fit Garment||5/3 or 5/12||12-20 hours|