- In-class Activities: Modifying Sloper Patterns into New Styles
- Break (~1:50pm)
- Sewing Q&A
- Peer-to-Peer Feedback
Zipper Feet! For those with IDeATe machines: please pick up a zipper foot from A9. They are available!
In-Class Activities: Modifying Sloper Patterns into New Styles
- Pattern Cutting: Architecture of Fashion by Pat Parish
- All books digitized for this class – Including the Pattern Magic books
Reference book: First time garment fitting : the absolute beginner’s guide by Sarah Veblen (Available online through Hunt Library).
Sewing Machine Manuals
Reference Book: Sewing for the Apparel Industry by Claire Shaeffer (Available online through Hunt Library).
All Books Digitized for This Class
All books digitized for this class
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Mon. April, 19 :
- Create paper patterns for your full garment design.
- First make quarter scale version to work out your ideas of how you will go about the process.
- Second, make full scale pattern version by copying your sloper pattern onto new paper and then modifying the sloper to create the pattern pieces.
- Include details such as pockets, waistebands, etc.
- Upload a post with images of the 1/4 scale and full scale pattern pieces, categorize under “Full Garment”
- Bring to next class:
- your patterns