- In-class Activities: Buttons & Zipper & Pockets
- Break (~1:50pm)
- In-class Activities: Continue
Office hours need to be moved to Saturday, April 24, 4-6pm. No office hours Sunday, April 25.
Sewing Buttonholes, Zippers and Pockets. Instruction sheet here.
- All New Fabric Savvy : How to Choose & Use Fabrics by Sandra Betzina (CMU Hunt Library online book)
- Pattern Cutting: Architecture of Fashion by Pat Parish
- Books digitized for this class – Including the Pattern Magic books
First time garment fitting : the absolute beginner’s guide by Sarah Veblen (Available online through Hunt Library).
Sewing Machine Manuals
Reference Book: Sewing for the Apparel Industry by Claire Shaeffer (Available online through Hunt Library).
All Books Digitized for This Class
All books digitized for this class
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Mon. April, 26 :
- Complete Sewing Sample Set #5
- Purchase fabric for your garment.
- After completing the Sample Set #5, email Olivia the step-by-step order of construction for your garment to receive feedback.
- Feel free to work on a muslin mock-up.