- Interactive Check-in
- In-class Activities : Patterning Facings, Plackets, & Collars
- Break (~1:50pm)
- Sewing Samples Set #4
- In-class Activities : Button holes
Zipper Feet! For those with IDeATe machines: please pick up a zipper foot from A9. They are available!
In-Class Activities: Patterning Facings, Plackets, & Collars
Demo on patterning facings and plackets.
In-Class Activities: Button Holes & Buttons
- Sewing Button holes!
- Sewing on Buttons!
- Pattern Cutting: Architecture of Fashion by Pat Parish
Reference book: First time garment fitting : the absolute beginner’s guide by Sarah Veblen (Available online through Hunt Library).
Sewing Machine Manuals
Reference Book: Sewing for the Apparel Industry by Claire Shaeffer (Available online through Hunt Library).
All Books Digitized for This Class
All books digitized for this class
DUE FOR NEXT WEEK, Wednesday
The following are due by the beginning of class, Wed. April, 14 :
- View the videos for Sewing Samples Set #4. Actually sewing the samples is optional.
- Bring to next class:
- we will have a little Q&A time (~30 minutes) – so bring your questions!