- Demo & Activity: DIY Dress Forms – part 2
- Break (~1:50pm)
Demo & Activity: Hand sewing samples
- Exit Ticket
**Bonus if we have time: Documenting Work discussion + Slideshow
- Office Hours scheduler (link also on website front page, syllabus page)
DIY Dress Forms
- Threads Article: DIY Dress Form
- Threads Article: Overview of DIY Dress Forms
- Video: DIY Duct Tape Dress Form
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Mon., Feb. 22:
- Finish your DIY Dress Form so that it is filled with foam, all surfaces are covered with duct tape, and it can sit balanced on a table.
- Create a post on our class website with photographs of your dress form. Categorize it under “Dress Form” (listed under Samples).
- Calculate the numbers for the 1/4 Scale and the 1/2 of 1/4 columns on page 1 of the Measurement Chart you filled in with your fit model measurements. Refer to this example Measurement Chart with calculations (also image below).
- Bring to next class:
- your Measurement Charts (with the measurements of your fit model and your calculations)
- from materials kit: pad of graph paper, curved garment rulers
- other materials: pencil, eraser, calculator
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library. Have it ready to view on your computer or tablet.