- Demo & Activity: 1/4 scale sloper pattern making
- Break (~1:50pm)
- Continue activities
- Exit Ticket
**Bonus if we have time: Documenting Work discussion + Slideshow
- Next week we will begin sewing! Monday, 3/1 will be just for students who are beginners or want to attend to learn how to use the IDeATe sewing machine they are borrowing. Wednesday, 3/3 will be for everyone. There will be three “tracks” people can choose for their learning: beginning, intermediate and advanced. My teaching that day will be focused on the beginners. Intermediate and Advanced will have pre-recorded videos to guide you through the techniques.
- Picking up a sewing machine: Those that will be borrowing a sewing machine from IDeATe, would you be able to pick up your machine on Monday, 3/1 morning before class?
- Office Hours scheduler (link also on website front page, syllabus page)
Book: Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
Book: Metric Pattern Cutting for Men’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Wed., Feb. 24:
- Bring to next class:
- your Measurement Charts (with the measurements of your fit model)
- from materials kit: pad of graph paper, curved garment rulers
- other materials: pencil, eraser, calculator
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library. Have it ready to view on your computer or tablet.