- Check-in: Best way to give feedback, Hand Sewing, Bodice Slopers, and Questions
- Uploading Images
- Demo & Activity: Follow-Along Sleeve and front Trouser slideshows
- Break (~2:00pm)
- Sewing will begin March 8… that Monday, March 8 will be just for students who are beginners or want to attend to learn how to use the IDeATe sewing machine they are borrowing. Wednesday, 3/10 will be for everyone. There will be three “tracks” people can choose for their learning: beginning, intermediate, and advanced. My teaching that both days will be focused on the beginners. Intermediate and Advanced will have pre-recorded videos to guide you through the techniques.
- Picking up a sewing machine: You can pick up a sewing machine beginning on Wednesday, March 3 from A9 (remember Hunt is closed over the weekend).
- Soft Technologies Office Hours with Chris Atkeson, Melisa Orta Martinez, and Olivia Robinson: Wednesdays, 7-8pm at this zoom link
- Office Hours scheduler (link also on website front page, syllabus page)
Please use “Tiles” for uploading images. This will make it so the images can be clicked on and will enlarge. Example:
Book: Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
Book: Metric Pattern Cutting for Men’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
Reference Book: Sewing for the Apparel Industry by Claire Shaeffer (Available online through Hunt Library).
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Wed., Mar. 3:
- Complete as far as you can for the 1/4 scale sleeve and front trouser blocks.
- Create a blog post to the class website with scans of any new or remade 1/4 scale sloper blocks so far and measurement chart with the measurements you are using. Categorize this post under “Sloper Blocks” (listed within Gallery).
- Bring to next class:
- Printed sloper instructions to have on hand as you are working.
- your Measurement Charts (with the measurements of your fit model)
- from materials kit: large gridded paper, curved garment rulers
- other materials: pencil, eraser, calculator
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library. Have it ready to view on your computer or tablet.