JihoonPark-LookingOutwards-01

http://

I encountered one of these grotesque videos by Albert Omoss upon scrolling through an Instagram art page, with eyes half open from the sleep only waiting for the right moment to kick in after midnight. The series of gif’s with melting down human figures came to me as an unexpected disturbance.

Famous for renders of disfiguring people, Omoss seeks to challenge the modern day achievements by often showing how indefensible we are in nature, and thus connecting concepts of technology and humanity to find mutual relationship between the two.

Though many of his videos are abhorrent at first sight, the messages and the interpretation found underneath the skin is what makes people as well as myself keep looking for more.

The cynical mood Omoss conveys in unraveling in his works stimulates viewers to doubt the use of all the secular problems and come back to the existentialist reality. Like shown in his work “Entangle,” the two lovers embracing each other and finally reaching for the heart reminds us all that in the bottom line, love is is the desire to be close to each other, and nothing else.

Omoss continues to reveal the very basic values of human existence. Wealth, Fame, Status, etc. None of them means anything when we are stripped down to our bare skins. Nothing, but only humans, letting us care about what really matters-love, friends, thought.