sihand – Project Proposal

What’s in the Shadows?

As you’ve probably guessed, my final project is going to be on shadows! Well, for it to look like shadows, at least.

Here’s a very rough sketch:

shadow

I want to create a changing shadow according to movements of the mouse. As the mouse moves around the “item” places in the middle, a shadow will be generated as if the light was cast on the “item” from where the cursor rests.

The additions to the shadow will be made randomly, but I would like them to follow some basic rules. For example, as indicated in the sketch, a closed space will be interpreted as an eye and a protruding shape will have spikes and/or tentacles generated on it. (I’m not sure if this will be too challenging, since the original work was made by “blob detection.”)

I would also like to add the music element to it. Depending on the progress of major part – monster generation – I would like to add various sound effects as different interpretations are made. But regardless, I will have a background music.

At this point, I haven’t thought through how I am going to achieve the visual effect that I intend to achieve. I would very much like to get some suggestions!