Final Project – Undertale Piano

determination

glamour

highA

highAsharp

highB

highC

highCsharp

highD

highDsharp

highE

highF

highFsharp

highG

highGsharp

lowA

lowAsharp

lowB

lowC

lowCsharp

lowD

lowDsharp

lowE

lowF

lowFsharp

lowG

lowGsharp

papyrusTalk

sansTalk

My project is an interactive piano keyboard that will play when the user presses the mouse over the individual keys. Keep in mind that because of the way the code is written, the white keys are only playable in the area below the black keys.

For a simple melody from the indie game Undertale to play, the user needs to type in a certain password that will display as the user types. That certain is… “determination.”

Screenshots to prove functionality of project:

screen-shot-2016-12-09-at-6-54-27-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-09-at-6-54-39-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-09-at-6-54-43-pm

Running a local server is required for the code template. I didn’t know how to display the project for this reason, and so I have attached my code and embedded all 28 of the .wav sound files used in the code. (If the .wav files are inaccessible somehow even when looking at the text, please let me know!) All the image URLs are direct links to the images themselves. Directions for running a local server are here.

Credits:
All copyright and materials, including the depicted characters, sound effects, quotes, and songs, of Undertale belong to its creator, Toby Fox.

The performance of the “determination” melody belongs to Kyle Landry, whose video can be found here for a direct link or embedded below.

All manual piano key notes were recorded by myself using the sound editor Audacity and the piano in Mudge residence hall in Carnegie Mellon University.

P.S., if you’ve played Undertale, try typing in the word that would please a certain fabulous robot the most when he presents his essay question… or you could just look at the code for the little treat I put in. 🙂