Looking Outwards -06

bbccclll by Manolo Gamboa Naon

For this week’s Looking Outwards, I chose to look at the work titled “bbccclll” by Manolo Gamboa Naon (https://www.behance.net/gallery/66986781/bbccclll) . In this piece of generative art, the aspects that I admire about it are the color schemes, and the way the beams of color sprout in random directions from the centers of the dots. Additionally, I like how the opacities are layered and create an overlapping effect for the shapes. In this work, the aspects of randomness are probably the colors of the center dots. They range from shades of red, yellow and blue and I feel like that is controlled by restricting the range of the r,g,b values for the colors of the circles. For each of the circles there are also multiple rings around it and the diameters and thicknesses were also probably randomized as well. I like how the artist used simple overlapping geometries to create an interesting abstract piece, and I think the artist would have been inspired by something blossoming, or exploding, and something colorful, for example fireworks. Starting form centers and bursting out is the effect that the artist was able to create, and the random changes in thickness and color are what helped produce an interesting, surprising result.