LO-08

I did some research on Mohit Bhoite, an engineer who specializes in taking two-dimensional circuits and expanding them into the third dimension. He holds a degree in robotics from the University of Pennsylvania, and currently works as a hardware engineer for the company Particle. His work involves creating functional sculptures using circuits, often built to be artistic and interactive, such as his handheld gaming console, which uses no screens, simply a button to register touch and an LED array to serve as a board for the game. His work is often simple and almost organic, and I find his creativity with usually very cold and “boring” objects to be refreshing. Bhoite’s presentation involves breakdowns of his work and his creative process, along with the challenge of translating circuits from a basic, flat object into a sculpture that is not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing. He goes into detail about the circuit design and how he makes them work, with many detailed diagrams and videos which he explains to the audience. I find his use of a presentation to be very effective even with very little information on the page. He relies more on high quality images and videos and his own explanation rather than simply having all his talking points on slides to be read.