This assignment has many phases, during which you will learn how to create a set of sloper blocks using the measurements of your fit model. You will create two sets of slopers patterns – one set at 1/4 scale and one set at full scale. The sloper blocks you will create are: close-fitting bodice, one-piece sleeve, and basic trousers.
- Gather measurements of your fit model.
- Use those measurements to create each of the sloper blocks at a 1/4 scale.
- Receive feedback on the 1/4 scale slopers and correct any errors.
- Then create your full scale patterns.
Follow-Along Sloper Slideshows
- Drafting the Bodice Block Sloper
- Drafting the Sleeve Block Sloper
- Drafting the Basic Trouser Block Sloper (front & back)
- Few notes on Full Scale Block Slopers Slideshow
- Measurement Chart – for your fit model’s measurements
- Standard Measurements – Metric Pattern Cutting
- Measurement Diagram from Metric Pattern Cutting
Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.
Metric Pattern Cutting for Men’s Wear 6th edition by Winifred Aldrich (digital copy) from Hunt Library.