I’m definitely on the slower end when it comes to patterning and sewing, but I was able to mostly account for that – and I had a pretty positive experience making these! I spent a lot of time in the inital steps, reading Pattern Magic and watching other slash and spread tutorials to ensure I got it right which I believe paid off!
When patterning, I was quite worried about the knee placement and size, as well as, the gather element of the piece. It worked out perfectly, with the knee hole being large enough for me to bend, and it hits at the knee when gathered and ungathered.
I think I choose the right fabric for this piece. That being said, I think during the patterning phase, I think I could have kept into account that the fabric had stretch to make a slightly more form fitting garment.
I hope to dye this garment! I wanted to possibly due a light brown, and I bought white drawstring that I will dye a contrasting color!
In terms of other garments, I hope to make more pants! I had originally planned to do more holes, without gathers, randomly placed around the pant and I think I would like to make a pair of pants with lots of these holes, but without the gather. I want to try experimenting with more mesh-like fabrics in the future as well.
Need to finish drafting full scale sloper. The back pattern is the same as the standard one we did in class, with the exception that the darts at the top will be removed and the pattern will not be taken in at the waist as I have decided to use an elastic waistband.
I’m not feeling 100% about this – I want to experiment more. I have a lot of elements that feel disconnected but I think there’s a way to connect some of them!
I think some of my measurements are incorrect, which is why my sloper looks a little odd — I’ve starred the measurements that seem quite off to the standard measurement.