Heres my dress form, I need more great stuff/ stuffing still
This is my dress form so far! I couldn’t finish it since I need a bit more Great Stuff to fill it, but I have the upper body pretty much done. I will also probably get more duct tape to tape off the bottom.
I had a lot of fun making the DIY dress form. I stuffed it using paper and plastic bags, I unfortunately ran out of good stuff, so I need to go get more to complete the bottom of my dress form.
This was fun to make, but took longer than expected! It felt very much like building a sculpture which I enjoyed, but I had some difficulty trying to fill all the spaces inside the body. The body looks fairly accurate so it’s definitely a bit uncanny to look at- not sure why the breasts look a bit overly defined to me though.
Below are images of the dress form. I had a lot of fun making this. I used around 2 rolls of paper towels to fill this up before adding the can of great stuff. I also finished my roll of duct tape. My shoulder area seems a little weird but everything else seems fine.
The dress form took me longer than I expected. I think I used too much duck tape in order to ensure that the shell is stiff to hold the shape. Other than that, I’m happy with the overall results. I did run out of an entire can of great stuff which only fills less than half of the shell. I will need to get more soon. The neck and arms are sealed and the bottom base is going to be cardboard after I finish filling the shell with more foam.
I finished it up with more spray foam and cardboard base. It can stand on a surface.
Below is the dress form. I had a lot of trouble with it – it seemed like a black hole that I couldn’t fill, but we reached a point where I’m happy with it. The chest seems a bit off because I was wearing a binder while this was done, and the base is cardboard so its level.