Joanne Lee – Looking Outward 05

Inner Growth” created using Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Octane Render (2016).

Andrew Williams, better known as Gohmn, creates surreal and detailed 3D worlds by using Cinema4D, Octane Render, and Photoshop. He gets his inspiration from daily art makers that he follows on platforms like Instagram, Tumblr, and Ello. His real life inspiration is the southwestern area of the US, particularly Arizona. The above photo is called “Inner Growth” and although it is a quite literal interpretation of it, I’m very intrigued by how realistic the image looks. There’s something very peaceful about the realistic greenery in the photo and the way he portrays inner growth. The photo below also caught my intention in his portfolio. You can see that it is clearly inspired by the southwestern states in the US with an isolated compartment with dirt and trees growing in the middle of the dry, rocky terrain. There is something futuristic about his works and seems like a world very similar to ours yet different — which is personally the most intriguing part to me. Gohmn has been recognized for his works and gone on to create live visuals and stage renders for many big name artists such as Katy Perry, San Holo, and G-Eazy. He has a Vimeo where he uploads “making” videos of some of his most popular art pieces.

Arium” created using Photoshop and Cinema 4D.