LO1- My inspiration

The piece I chose to analyze for my Looking Outwards is called Untitled by Skip Dolphin Hursh (https://www.skiphursh.com/Dolby-Art-Series). It is a work part of the Dolby Art gallery. This example of computational art is really unique and I admire it because I really like the vibrancy and the variety of colors used. There is almost every color of the rainbow, and the way that the colors are organized into this grid-like layout makes the colors appear in sections or rows of color swatches. Together, when the viewer looks at the piece, the colors transition easily but also compliment each other through the surrounding shapes next to it.

Untitled by Skip Dolphin Hursh

Untitled was created with the help of people from the Dolby team, famous for surround sound technology. This work and the others part of the Dolby Art gallery is a part of a collection of commissioned work by 32 artists from around the world. This piece of work was most likely created by custom software and scripts. A unique fact is that the Dolby team had few individuals listen to music and decide to use the sounds as inspiration to compose their pieces of work. Some prior works the team as well as the primary artist must have been inspired by are the other commissions that look inspired from radio waves, cosmic energies, sound frequencies, and rippling water. Opportunities that this project points to are other works of art based on colors people envision from music, and the sharp spikes created by sound waves.