LookingOutwards-05

The project is called “Ghost Mantis” by Dmytro Teslenko. Immediately I was drawn to this work due to the attention to detail. I couldn’t believe that it was computer-generated because it looked like an actual praying mantis was being observed under a microscope. I specifically admired the little textured bumps and tiny hairs on the body of the praying mantis. I think it is interesting because it shows just how much zoomed-in attention the artist put into the work. Dmytro Teslenko used 3D rendering to create the image, but did not specify exactly what program helped generate the work. He said that his process to create the work consisted of modelling, sculpting, and then texturing. Based on Dmytro Teslenko’s previous works, it is obvious how his artistic sensibilities were manifested in the final form. His previous works consist of detailed renderings of animals, insects, etc. He tends to focus closely on the face and eyes of the organism he makes works of, and his “Ghost Mantis” piece follows suit. 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/b2rYv

This is “Ghost Mantis” by Dmytro Teslenko.
This is how some of Teslenko’s previous works. Based on these previous works, I could see how Teslenko manifested some of his artistic interests in animals and other organisms into the work that I discussed in this blog.