Looking Outwards 09

During week 8, the Looking Outwards assignment focused on the creative practice of an individual. As an architecture student, I am constantly interested in the different explorations that other people connect with the study of architecture. I came across the individual that my peer, Aadya Bhartia, wrote about in that week’s blog.

Meejin Yoon is the Dean of Architecture at Cornell University. She is also an architect and designer that focuses on the relationships between space, technology, and materiality. After watching her presentation from the Eyeo Festival, I really enjoyed the aspect of interaction within public spaces through responsive and interactive technology. Throughout her presentation, I appreciated the process of her design for her projects and also the connection she makes with technology as well. Overall, I do not have any disagreement with my classmate’s overview of the work of this individual. The relationship between design and technology is constantly evolving, and there is so much more to be explored and discovered.