LO – My Inspiration

Animal Crossing is a Nintendo game that has been running for about 19 years. The nintendo swtich version “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” peaked in popularity throughout quarantine this year as the game is a life simulator game making it the perfect companion for loneliness.
The game was developed by Katsuya Eguchi, a Nintendo developer.
Since its release, the game has always focused on simulating a difficult social environment. When playing you are faced with difficulties of making friends and starting new, you are even faced with debt and home-owning
There has been ten different versions for the game each with more elements than the last.
I really admire how Eguchi pulled ideas from his own past experiences to create the game idea and really pushed the boundaries from there to create a universal game that can be enjoyed by all people of all ages.
I have known of many life simulator games but none as successful as Animal Crossing.
This game is loved by millennials and generation z as it perfectly balances the trials and tribulations of adulting while maintaining its game-like aspect through the animations and small details.
What is amazing about this game is that every character you come across has its own developed personality. I am not sure about the coding behind the game but I can only imagine how much time and effort went in to creating and programming a seperate personality for every character as there is 397 computer characters in the newest version.

What your favourite type of Animal Crossing villager says about you
Some of the characters in Animal Crossing : New Horizons