bumble_b-TypologyMachineProposal

My idea is to capture curiosity.

I want to make a box people will peer into where a camera will capture their face. My current idea is to use a fish-eye lens, resulting in images like this:

I like the way the fish-eye lens distorts the face and is also shaped like an eyeball and the hole people would be peering into. I’m not set on this type of lens yet, though, and am open to developing ideas. I think this would work more so if I have a box hanging vertically on a wall with a big hole in it that people can look into. If I end up deciding on a box sitting on a table where people would open the lid, I think a different camera lens/look would be the better direction.

Another crossroads I’m facing is whether I prompt people to look into the box and reward them with something inside that’s worth their while. Does my box say “LOOK IN HERE” and have, say, a funny or cute photo inside?

OR is my box unassuming? Camouflaged? Just off enough within the environment to make people wonder what it is and go inspecting it?

In other words… am I trying to capture their reaction to the surprise? Or the curiosity itself?