bumble_b-FinalProject

I asked people to write me a secret— any secret— and then erase it…

Some Secrets

My idea for this website was to have a wall of secrets, almost like the wall of a bathroom stall where people say things they perhaps wouldn’t say without the guarantee of anonymity? And yet, their handwriting keeps a piece of them there forever…

When you hover over a secret on the website, it shows how the person wrote it. It’s an interesting study to see where people may pause to think, or hesitate before continuing.

I also asked the participants to erase their secret after writing it. I feel it’s cathartic to let a thought out into the world and then erase it from existence.

I’ll be honest that though I really like this idea and concept, the execution is all but complete. I’ve been having a really hard time keeping up with my life and school right now, and I started this much later than I’d like to admit. My original proposal is completely different as well, and I never got the chance to talk to Nica and Golan about my change of plans (which I so totally apologize for… my lack of communication the past couple of weeks has been completely on me). I want the chance to flesh out this project more, get more secrets, fix up the website, and make this project more than just the little demo it is now.

The past couple of weeks, I have been working on a friend’s passion project, which was to make a mini karaoke box. My portion of the project was to make a receipt printer print a little receipt of the user’s session once it was complete, with the date and time they visited, the song they chose, a random lyric from the song, and a photo of them singing!

The installation will be up and running by the night of 12/06, so stop by Purnell if you’d like!