Photography and Observation

I have had more exposure to the history and process of photography than I realize. I was most interested in the photography process over the years. Through different chemical relationships and it evolves conceptual status with humans, my interest in creating an image through the photographic process is heightened for me. I am interested in this push and pull between the visible and invisible. The importance of photography and its role in documentation brings thoughts about truth and logic. I challenge the scientific method and consider the photograph a new source of fiction or bending the truth through illusion.

I think there is potential in deconstructing the scientific approach and falling into the process a bit more. I believe that the approach to observation and documentation brings up a factual quality. However, I think there is room to negotiate these ideas. There is potential to cause disruption and to tinker with systems to have new outcomes. To be specific, within a camera, maybe there are ways to develop new techniques or mechanical changes that can alter the output of an image. The scientific method is to get to an exact point or specificity, and maybe there is a new way to realize an image.