kitetale – Typology Machine Proposal

I want to focus on the experience of viewing the world from a low angle, namely a small dog’s perspective. What objects are more visible or invisible from an angle closer to the floor? How do dogs find small wild living things like squirrels and bunnies more easily than us?

I’m planning to mount a camera on a rover, record the scenery as it rolls over different streets, and run computer vision on the recorded video to identify small animals and other living things that would excite a dog. Using a post-processing softwares, I would then highlight the living things identified by CV as the recorded video plays. (e.g. blur out the rest and scale up a little the bounding box area of identified object in the video) Another way I’m considering to present the data is to laser engrave/print different snapshots of the CV identified visuals on wood, potentially in a grid or as a collage on a selected scene background.

Other note : I haven’t used CV before, so this project would be a great opportunity for me to explore CV as a tool.