Improvisational Weavings – Jesse Wallace

For this assignment, I chose to take inspiration from one of my favorite parts of my apartment – my posters. I have an extremely large poster collection and I use their colors on my wall to brighten my day and add some fun to wherever I am living. Because of that, when it was brought up that paper can be woven together in this class, I knew from the start that I should weave two posters together. I chose two that have bright and contrasting colors(pink and blue) so that the new Double Poster™ would look extra bright. The result was awesome and I cannot wait to put this new piece on the wall with my normal posters.

I also chose to do a similar course of action for my next weaving. My roommates and I are making an album wall of printed album covers from our favorite musicians. I took the two extra ones that printed(“The Big Day” by Chance the Rapper and “Vikings” by New Politics) and I wove them together as well. I then chose to use the extra photo paper to add some spice to the back half of the paper I was working on. Finally, I used the paper to write my roommate a letter!

Finally, I wanted to use my 3D printer to add to the project, so I decided to print a miniature loom and weave that using a friend’s string. Its only about 1inx2in, and it’s super cute! It was also really rewarding to make because I combined my MechE line of work with IDeATe.