bumble_b-FinalProjectProposal

I’m making a picrew.me-style avatar maker for fun, called “Mini-Me Maker”, and I thought it’d be really wonderful to take pictures of people after they make their avatar and showcase them side-by-side to see how people represent themselves in cartoon form! For those who don’t know picrew.me, here are some examples (and go and make your own; it’s super fun!):

This process will entail actually creating the program (and since I’m not a strong artist, I have a friend creating the artwork for me), setting up a station for people to make them (I really want to use my iPad and have it sort of tethered to something like they do in stores so I don’t have to supervise it constantly), and capture pictures of some people after they create their character to showcase them side-by-side.

I’m not sure yet how I want to stylize these images. Since I want it to be a representation of self, maybe asking the participants to take a selfie for me would make more sense? Or I could take a photo of them with a nice camera but tell them to pose however feels right/natural?