Jamie Park – LO – 08

INST-INT 2013 – Mike Tucker from Eyeo Festival on Vimeo.

Mike Tucker is a special effects expert who combines coding with art. He has been working as an interaction designer who specializes in VR design. Now, he is an interactive director at Magic Leap, a company that focuses on the future of Spacial Computing. He combines interactive arts and music, making the spacial experience more meaningful. Using this VR device, one can watch TV, play games, and chat with friends as if they are in front of the person. Additionally, his VR device allows other developers to publish their apps, allowing the users to have fun with more than what the company offers.

His previous VR experience includes creating Tana Pura with Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood, working with Encyclopedia Pictura for Kanye West video game, and working at Universal Everything for a variety of projects.

I admire how he uses coding to create interactions: I did not know that you can create sophisticated interactions using code. Researching him made me realize that coding is a very important skill to have and will continue to have a significant impact on the entertainment industry.