Stefanie Suk – Looking Outwards – 08

Image of Project Under Tomorrow’s Sky

Liam Young is an Australian born architect who is situated within the areas of design, fiction, and future. His works are well known for incorporating the boundaries among fiction, storytelling, design, and film, where its goal is to image and prototype the future of city. Young’s works deviate from how architects normally practice their fields (deviated from tradition), which did cause some controversy within the architectural world. In a project called “Under Tomorrow’s Sky,” Liam Young gathered ideas of madness, visionaries, speculative gamers, literary astronauts, digital poets, and luminaries to create a future city of his own. Like this, Liam Young often escapes from the norm and sees architecture and design from a whole different perspective, which really caught my attention and made me realize how much an artist can be so creative in expressing ideas into his work. The fact that Liam Young was successfully able to think outside the box and express his definition of art to his work inspired me to also express my creative ideas into my work as well.

Video Link to Under Tomorrow’s Sky Preview