Sammie Kim- Project 12- Proposal

Global waste crisis is a problem we can no longer avoid. With continuous overproduction and overconsumption practices, we are in need for safe disposal practices. As such, recycling is one of the easiest ways we can all contribute to protect our environment, and I believe this should be further encouraged to become a social and collective effort.  Thus, for the final project, I propose to create an interactive environmental game related to the issue of waste management.

I am planning to set up a realistic environment (this could be a forest background or even a city scene), which comprises of various wastes all dispersed. With this, the point of the game is to find the trash and properly sort them by dragging into the correct recycling bin. If it is possible, I hope to incorporate further information if the user accidentally puts the trash into the wrong bin.

This is relevant to our real world as not a lot of people are actually mindful about properly sorting waste by plastic, paper, food, and etc, despite the presence of recycling and trash bins. And apart form solid natural waste, there are other artificial wastes (chemical, e-waste, etc) that are extremely hazardous to our environment. So in a way, this game would be educational for not just showing proper sorting, but also the extreme range of different types of trash.