Garment Inspiration – Aditi

I really enjoy garments that compliment bodies in a less traditional way, this includes garments that are super structured or are form fitting in unusual parts of the body.

In the first picture, I like the exaggerated pockets coupled with the contrast stitching. I appreciate how subtle the modification is – this piece could definitely something could be worn on a day to day basis and the large pockets make it utilitarian. These tights from Maroske Peech as the are form fitting to the legs in a very unconventional way. I feel like garments like these force us to break away from what we think is conventionally beautiful and appreciate bodies. The last Tom Ford piece definitely has an interesting choice of material. I really like that he took inspiration from something as old as a breastplate and put a modern spin on it by making it form fitting and choosing a bold color. The idea of using materials like metal in garment design excites me and this piece is particularly interesting as it manages to be both form fitting and structured, something you cannot achieve with fabrics.